Amid the frenzied rhythms of soca and dancehall that currently dominate the Southern Caribbean a new artist emerges; David Kirton, the calm in the eye of the storm. His sound is a unique hybrid of roots- rock and pop that surprisingly.... still manages to be organic. Kirton first came into the public's eye with his Midem Cannes 1999 performance.
Rolling Stone Magazine writer called him "unquestionably the most impressive new act at Midem." The Colorado Independent review stated, "There's a lot of the old natural mystic flowing through David Kirton's music, but the music created by the Bajan artist is a new kind of Reggae." Caribbean Today music editor rated his second album as one of the Top 20 Reggae Albums released in 2000 and wrote, "Kirton has struck the right cord. He Brings to the market place a refreshingly unique aura. His appeal is broad, easily satisfying the mainstream audience, especially those who crave something new." A slot on the 1999 Barbados Stage in Spirit of Unity Tour introduced him to the US audience. David followed up with his second album "Modern Roots" and proceeded to begin a two-year stint of touring the USA, four months of which was spent as opening artist for the late Reggae Giant Culture. 'Time for Change' is his new album released May 24, 2007. Time for Change delivers classic reggae anthems, modern melodic dance rhythms, soulful love songs all wrapped with an earthy alternative pop feel. The music video 'Time for Change', was Kirton's first. Filmed in Barbados by Award winning cinematographer / director Tom Krueger. Free to Fly is second video features painting by William Attaway. Kirton received A Cornerstone Award for his contribution to the development of Barbados Reggae Music at the Barbados Music Awards 2006. South by South West kicked off a lively 2007 with a well received showcase. David Kirton released a collection of original Barbadian children's folk songs 'Island Songs for Children" which was recently licensed by Fisher Price for their FP3 Player. David Kirton continues to tour with his California based band.
- January 25th 1999 Reed Midem Cannes Showcase performer, Afro Caribbean night
- August 6th 1999 Reggae on the River Festival
- August 15th to Sept 19th 1999, Headline artist of the Barbados Invasion on the Teva Spirit of Unity Tour
- June 11, New Orleans International Arts Festival
- July 5th to Sept 20, 2000. Opening artist for Culture's Payday USA Tour
- The David Kirton Tour, Aug 4 to Sept 25, 2001
- February 17, 2001 Bob Marley Day Festival Long Beach
- 'Reggae on the River 2001' Redway, CA.
- 'The Monterey Reggae Festival' 2001
- African Market Place 2001, Los Angeles
- Congaline Music Festival, Barbados 2002
- Bring Back the Love, Barbados 2003
- Reggae on the River , California, 2003
- Victoria Latin Caribbean Festival, Victoria BC 2004
- Reggae on the Hill, Barbados May , 2005
- Reggae on the River, California August 2005
- MTV Tempo launch, Barbados Oct 22, 2005
- Barbados Music Awards January 10, 2006
- Caribbean Media Channel Launch June 2006
- Tempo Turn One: St. Croix, November 2006
- South By South West, Austin Texas, March 2007
- Royal Horticulture Society Chelsea Flower Show, May 2008
- Barbados Virgin Atlantic Music Festival. Nov 2008
- Midem World Travel Market, London. Nov 2008
- NIFCA National Indepence festival of the Creative Arts silver
- Barbados Song Festival Finalist 199
- Barbados Song Festival Finalist 199
- Cornerstone Award for Development of Reggae in Barbados 2006
- Barbados Music Awards, Reggae Artist of Year 2008
- Barbados Music Awards, Reggae Song of Year, Green Camouflage 2008
- Barbados Music Awards, Video of Year, Green Camouflage 2008
- 1981 - Barbados Community College. Languages / General Studies.
- 1982 - New School of Language and Business, NHS Switzerland.
- 1986 - School of Audio Engineering, London, England.
- German (fluent)
- French & Spanish (speak)